Introducing Neutron: A smarter way to mix
Achieve unprecedented focus and clarity in your mixes with Neutron. This new mixing plug-in combines the latest innovations in analysis and metering with award-winning audio processing.
Mix with confidence
With powerful new features like Track Assistant and Masking Meter, Neutron helps you quickly reach an optimal starting point, clearly identify perceptual frequency collisions, and fully wield creative control over all your mix decisions.
Meet your new assistant
An industry first, Neutron’s new Track Assistant lets you create a custom preset based on your audio to get you to a faster starting point so you can focus on what’s most important – your creative take on the mix.
- Different instrument tracks — like vocals, dialogue, guitar, bass, and drums — are automatically detected. Neutron then applies the spectral shaping technology within Neutrino to provide subtle clarity and balance to each of your tracks.
- After analyzing the incoming audio signal, EQ nodes are intelligently placed where Track Assistant thinks you need them, speeding up your workflow and eliminating much of the EQ guesswork.
- Get recommendations for optimal starting points across all of Neutron's modules, including compressor thresholds, saturation types, and single vs. multiband modes (including crossover points) – a huge time saver that can leave you feeling inspired.
- Typical software presets don't know what audio they're being applied to – until now. By analyzing your track material, Neutron can offer ‘infinite’ presets that are custom tailored to your sound while still allowing full control over all your mix decisions.
Unmask your mix
Another industry first, Neutron's Masking Meter allows you to visually identify perceptual frequency collisions, which can result in guitars masking lead vocals, bass covering up drums, and other issues that can cause a "muddy" or overly crowded mix. Toggle seamlessly between any two tracks to carve out sonic space and ensure that each instrument has its own place to shine.
Our best processing yet
Neutron features some of the best audio processing we've ever created allowing you to achieve better sounding mixes inside your digital audio workstation. It includes five industry leading mixing processors, all zero-latency capable, including a static/dynamic Equalizer, two multiband Compressors, a multiband Exciter, and a multiband Transient Shaper, as well as an ultra low-latency BS.1770 True Peak Limiter – perfect for all your mixing needs.
- The workhorse EQ features clean yet subtly warm processing and a pristine analog-style signal path. With 12 bands of powerful static and dynamic EQ, a range of new and vintage filter types, and flexible sidechain capabilities, it's your new go-to EQ for all your mixing tasks.
- A parallel processing powerhouse, the Compressor offers the ultimate sonic versatility: the very best of classically 'gluey' character as well as transparent digital compression styles. Adjust to taste with features like Vintage mode, Auto Release, and flexible Analog (zero latency) and Transparent (hybrid) crossovers for the ultimate in multiband control.
- The Exciter allows you to easily add punch, warmth, brightness, and presence to your track without muddying up the sound. With three powerful Emphasis modes, unique, multiband blend interface featuring Tape, Tube, and two special iZotope algorithms, you can fine tune the color of your saturation to suit the needs of your track.
- The new multiband Transient Shaper offers clarity, perceptual loudness, and impact enhancement for the most responsive sonic sculpting anywhere. With three musically versatile Contour controls, your drums, guitars, vocals and sound FX have never sounded this punchy.
- With three distinct algorithms to choose from, the Limiter offers huge sonic variety when adjusting levels: from ultra-transparent to clean (low latency) pumping to a crunchy brick wall. Each algorithm has three modes for tailoring the character and intensity of the limiting, and Neutron's detailed True Peak, RMS and Short-term metering provides the accuracy needed for both broadcast and codec standards.
Perfect for audio post
Neutron Advanced is also a smarter way to mix for audio post production. Neutron's high-quality, CPU-efficient audio processing offers zero-latency processing across all mixing modules, an award-winning BS.1770 True Peak Limiter, dynamic EQ with sidechaining to sonically balance sub-mixes, an automatic dialogue-polishing Neutrino mode, and surround sound support in all 5 modules and individual plug-ins.