SAW is the acronym for Software Audio Workshop.
SAWStudio combines both high-tech virtual mixing and hard disk editing technologies into one power-packed application. The look and feel of a fully controllable console, coupled with an all new high powered 24-bit hard disk engine make this product one of the most intelligent choices for the serious audio professional.
The SAWStudio interface is a tightly woven mesh of a fully developed mixing console interface and a newly designed MultiTrack recording/editing interface. This design is truly aimed at emulating the look and feel of working in a typical hardware based studio environment, replacing the physical mixing console, MultiTrack recorder and outboard rack-effects gear all at the same time.
This product represents a revolutionary new approach to mixing and editing audio in a virtual environment, truly replacing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of physical gear needed to perform the same functions.
SAWStudio offers incredible versatility, amazing speed, and best of all, an environment which inspires your freedom of creative expression. Audio professionals in every niche of the audio industry, including full-length motion picture sound design, music production, theater automation, high-end radio & TV broadcast production, and audio production for video and arcade game development presently use SAWStudio technology.
SAWStudioLite and SAWStudioBasic are based on the SAWStudio design, but each with a trimmed-down interface requiring less CPU power and less memory - for those who don't need all of the functionality of SAWStudio but want to take advantage of SAWStudio's blazing fast editing interface! Now you can decide what you need, and choose between the full SAWStudio program, the Lite version, or the Basic version!
* 72 mono/stereo tracks (Full), 36 (Lite) 24 (Basic)
* 24 stereo output tracks (Full), 12 (Lite), 8 (Basic)
* 8 layers on each track (Full), 4 (Lite)
* 6 Library View windows (Full), 2 (Lite), 1 (Basic)
* The elegant console interface provides serious mixing and editing capabilities, and amazingly efficient navigational ability.
* Programmable Function Key Views - See how easy it is to access multiple workspace arrangements.
* The smart look and feel of the MultiTrack will give audio professionals more power and flexibility than ever imagined.
* Discover the intelligence behind some of the most powerful automation capabilities ever offered!
* The focus of the SAWStudio engine design is centered around the live, low latency feel of a real playback and mixing environment!
* High-resolution SampleRate Conversion is built in at the engine core.
* The streamlined design of the SAWStudio API incorporates the use of built-in FX, DirectX, and VST plug-ins!
* The SoundFile View - Record, audition and create regions for the MultiTrack.
* The Video Track - Sync, edit, and capture video directly in the MultiTrack!
* The Control Track - Control external lighting, projection, and other theater automation devices direct from the MultiTrack!
* Other Powerful Views! - SAWStudio offers tremendous functionality with special view windows such as the Automation Gallery and Library Views!
* TCPIP Host/Slave/Remote Capabilities - Use standard Ethernet network connections to control multiple machines in perfect sync.
* Live Input Sound Reinforcement Capabilities - Use the SAW virtual console in real-time latency mode to emulate and operate as a high-powered live sound reinforcement console.
* Physical MIDI Control Surface Compatibility - Use some of the most popular physical control surfaces to get hands-on control of many of SAWStudio's console and editing functions.