Finale PrintMusic 2010
Finale PrintMusic is the fast, easy way to bring your music to life with professional results.
Create & print publisher-quality sheet music.
- Arrange full ensembles and extract individual parts
- Play your music with professional sounds and nuance
- Share your music with iPod-ready MP3 files
From the creators of Finale®, the world’s leading music notation software, PrintMusic is perfect for arrangers, composers, teachers, band and choir directors, church musicians, students, and other musicians.
Get started right away. The Setup Wizard configures key and time signatures, transpositions, pickup measures, and more - instantly. Want an engraved or handwritten look? Select a document style to personalize the appearance of your music.
PrintMusic lets you compose and arrange the way you want. Easily put notes on the page with these flexible options:
* Click notes into place with a mouse – and hear them as you do.
* Play your MIDI keyboard with a metronome and watch your music appear on screen in real time.
* Enter notes in step-time from your computer or MIDI keyboard.
* Scan your music with SmartScore® Lite (included).
* Import MIDI and MusicXML files.
* Play a brass or woodwind instrument into a microphone using our exclusive MicNotator®.
Your compositions sound great with PrintMusic’s advanced playback features:
* Free Software Synthesizer with 128 instrument sounds and marching percussion sounds from Row-Loff™.
* Add more sounds with full support of VST/AU instrument and effects libraries (sold separately).
* Human Playback™ to give your music nuance, as if performed by live musicians.
* Band-in-a-Box® Auto-Harmonizing adds harmonies to your melodies.
* Save your music as an audio file to burn CDs or save on an iPod.
* Powerful mixer fine-tunes your playback.
* Create up to 24 staves and print your score or parts: Finale® technology ensures world-class output.
* Unlimited number of lyric verses.
* Transpose to any key and for any instrument.
* Add dynamics, tempos, percussion notation, chord symbols, guitar fretboards and tablature, articulations, and more.
* Share your music with others using the free, downloadable Finale Reader™.
* QuickStart Videos show you how – on your computer screen.
What’s New in PrintMusic 2010
We've simplified the process of getting notes on percussion staves to look – and playback – exactly the way you want them to.
Automatic Rehearsal Marks
PrintMusic automatically sequences your rehearsal marks correctly and dynamically updates them when you change your score.
Inspired by the golden era of handwritten Broadway scores, the Broadway Copyist hand-written font offers a lighter, classic appearance.
Improved Chord Input
Change or delete notes without changing your chords. Attach chords to measures – whether or not they contain notes or rests – and have the chords appear and playback correctly.
New Smartscore Lite scanning interface enables you to specify the instrumentation so that your staves will automatically be properly transposed and configured for playback.
Graphics updates, VST/AU Support, and more
Import and export .JPEGs, support for third-party VST/AU Instruments and Effects, drag-apply expressions to multiple staves, and improved documentation.