Propellerhead Reason 4.0.1 Update [PC / MAC]
Reason 4.0.1 is a maintenance update that resolves a few minor issues and, as a response to user feedback received for Reason version 4, brings some small workflow changing alterations.
* More tolerant error handling when loading custom fonts.
* Selected installer language was not used when upgrading from 3.0, this is now fixed.
* We have improved the error handling when copying Remote maps and codecs during start up.
* All sample players (NN-XT, NN-19, Dr Rex and Redrum) - High Quality Interpolation is now enabled by default.
* Improved handling of mono/stereo connections while auto-routing.
* Dragging devices to the rack from the tool window only worked with the top-most window, now it works with any window.
* More robust error handling during startup, avoiding certain timing problems in Windows.
* Automation type for Dr Rex transpose parameter was continuous - changed this to stepped.
* In certain situations Command-A did not work properly on Mac OS X.
* Notes with same Start or End position could change the play/stop order randomly. This could only be noticed while playing chords on a monophonic device. This is now fixed.
* Fixed note trig queuing for extremely short notes. This was causing phased effects when doubling clips exactly on two layers.
* "Reset automation override" could default to wrong value.
* Pressing Stop the second time moves the song position locator to previous start position, it could sometime move to song start if the locator had been repositioned during playback.
* MIDI import of file with redundant note information is now filtered.
* Uncombining a Combinator deleted the Combinator's sequencer track. This is now fixed.
* Reason could take a long time to respond when entering extreme numbers in position editors.
* Overriding parameter automation by loading a patch did not always indicate automation override. Now fixed.
Improved workflow in sequencer
* If a clip is selected in Arrange mode and you switch to Edit mode, the clip is automatically opened for editing. This only happens if the clip is on the current track.
* You can press [Esc] to close an open clip in Edit mode. If the clip was opened from Arrange mode, this will automatically switch the sequencer back to Arrange mode.
* Changed Zoom behavior: The program now zooms on the song position locator if it's in view. If not, it zooms towards the left edge of the current view.
* Drag and drop now also works in left-handed mouse configurations.
* Text-entry of a tempo with a decimal in the transport panel or when editing the static value was counter-intuitive: Typing something like '120.5' or '120.05' delivered 120.005. This is now fixed.
* Added label to velocity and pattern lanes.
* Added Remote support for:
* Akai MPD24
* Akai MPD32
* Akai MPK49
* Edirol PCR-300/500/800
* Frontier Design Group Alpha Track
* Line 6 KB37
* M-audio ProjectMix I/O
* M-audio Axiom 25/49/61
* M-audio Oxygen 8 v2
* Fixed a performance problem with the Remote Override "learn" feature.
* Performance problem when having many ReFills installed.
* Reason could crash when saving if there was more than 300 ReFills installed -fixed.
* Better error handling while file searching in browser.
* Broken search for missing sounds in songs created with OS hide extensions enabled - fixed.
* Changed wording of memory usage in patch browser to avoid confusion.
* Saving patches in Reason version 4 and ReFill packer had a backward compatibility issue - fixed.
* Sometime the static value was not imported correctly when loading old songs - fixed.
* If an opened patch or sample had been moved or deleted while Reason was running this could prevent the user from saving the song - fixed.
* Reason could in certain cases unexpectedly quit when saving on Mac OS X - fixed.
* If many devices in a Combinator were programmed to switch "Receive notes" on/off in the Combinator's programmer, some devices responded slower than other devices. This is now fixed.
* Increased the buffer size of Malström's Comb filter, this fixed problems with high sample rates.
* Fixed velocity CV and knob/automation lag when in random mode.
* Fixed broken velocity change of tied single note when in ON-mode.
* "Render Arpeggio To Track" was broken when pattern automation lane was enabled.
* New shortcuts: Shift pattern right: Ctrl + J (Win) or Cmd + J (Mac) Shift pattern left: Ctrl + K (Win) or Cmd + K (Mac) Random sequencer pattern: Ctrl +R (Win) or Cmd + R (Mac) Alter Pattern: Ctrl + T (Win) or Cmd + T (Mac)
* Thor's sequencer have new shortcuts:
Shift sequencer pattern right: Ctrl + J (Win) or Cmd + J (Mac)
Shift sequencer pattern left: Ctrl + K (Win) or Cmd + K (Mac)
Randomize pattern: Ctrl +R (Win) or Cmd + R (Mac)
* Reason could go silent if the sample rate was changed in Windows Vista or on an aggregated audio card driver in Mac OS X. This is now fixed.
* Fixed a ReWire problem with FL Studio, making it more robust.
* Made Ableton Live and Reason ReWire connection more robust.