iZotope's complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools:
Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds 6 additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and an entire suite of configurable meters.
Your mix isn't finished until Ozone is on it.
The process of mastering ranges from correcting mistakes made in the mix to preparing a recording for target listening environments. Like a final coat of polish, mastering makes the difference between a good-sounding mix and a professional-sounding master. With Ozone 5, we've delivered the biggest update ever to our critically-acclaimed software mastering system, making it easier than ever for anyone to master their audio simply and efficiently.
Setting a new industry standard for mastering tools, the all-new Ozone 5 Advanced extends the standard version of Ozone 5 for greater flexibility, precision, and control. Based on feedback and requests gathered from mastering professionals, Ozone 5 Advanced includes exclusive controls and features like the Meter Bridge suite and 6 individual component plug-ins based on Ozone's mastering modules.
In Ozone 5, every module has been updated with refined signal processing algorithms to bring you a new level of mastering quality. The most complete mastering suite available has never sounded better.
Guided by iZotope's expertise in DSP research, Ozone 5 combines the best nuances of both analog and digital worlds:
- Analog-modeled processing combined with linear phase precision
- Flexible sonic capabilities for adding realistic warmth, bite, punch, and space to your mix
- New IRC™ III Limiter for louder, fuller masters that preserve crisp transient detail
- Fully-revamped hybrid Reverb module
- Additional Reverb room models and circuit-modeled Exciter modes
- Stereoize feature for widening mono/narrow mixes
- True Envelope peak detection and Detection Circuit filters in the Dynamics module
- Unique Mixed-Phase EQ mode
We've redesigned the Ozone user interface to make it even easier to dial in the professional sound you want. New users can get started right away and experienced Ozone fans will feel right at home.
Workflow enhancements allow for finer control while keeping important features right at your fingertips:
- Comprehensive preset manager with over 250 professionally-designed presets
- New per-module presets and intelligent module Amount Controls
- User-definable signal routing and extensive automation support
- Optimized for today's low-latency DAW environments
- Individual plug-ins for inserting any of Ozone Advanced's modules as independent plug-ins in your host: EQ, Maximizer, Dynamics, Stereo Imaging, Harmonic Exciter, and Reverb
- Additional controls in nearly every module for greater flexibility and precision
With Ozone 5, see your mix like never before! A broad variety of updated metering tools provide unprecedented visualizations of how mix elements fit together, guiding both your eyes and your ears to the perfect-sounding master.
Each processing module is complemented with useful spectrums, phase meters, vectorscopes and level histograms:
- For example, use the Gain Reduction Trace view to help set the compressor's release time, or watch the Correlation Trace to catch instantaneous phase problems
- All-new Meter Bridge with a full suite of extended audio analysis and visualizations tools within one convenient and configurable window
- Exclusive Meter Tap plug-ins for visually analyzing multiple streams of track and bus audio data
- High-resolution real-time 2D and 3D Spectrogram plots and a real-time, resizable Spectrum Analyzer
- Enhanced Loudness Meters with BS.1770-2, EBU, K-System, True Peak, and RMS options
Ozone's Meter Bridge
Ozone 5's powerful new Meter Bridge provides a full suite of customizable audio analysis tools. Visually monitor your mix throughout the entire mastering process, whether you're making adjustments, troubleshooting problematic mixes, or comparing your mixes to reference tracks. As a bonus, the Meter Bridge serves as an enlightening educational device for anyone hoping to learn more about the art of mastering.
Building on essential visualizations from Ozone's individual modules, the Meter Bridge includes an exciting array of new metering tools in a convenient, resizeable, and configurable window.
Unlike typical "waterfall" plots, Ozone's unique real-time 3D spectrogram creates a detailed topographical map of audio using iZotope's high-resolution spectrogram capabilities.
- Choose between high-resolution and real-time 2D or 3D scrolling spectrogram plots.
- Perform detailed inspections with Freeze and Zoom modes.
- Easily examine Gain values by frequency with a convenient mouse pointer readout.
- Rest easy: Ozone 5 Advanced takes advantage of video card graphics processing for full-screen 3-dimensional metering, leaving more processing power for your audio.
For eye-popping visual insight, feed information on multiple audio streams to the Spectrogram via Ozone Advanced's special Meter Tap plug-ins. With Ozone on your master bus, add Meter Tap plug-ins to individual tracks or buses, then open the Meter Bridge to see how mix elements combine in rich Spectrogram detail...all in real-time!
- Use overlay, tile, or stack views to compare different Meter Tap streams and see their relationships, then bring different audio streams into focus to see how each fits in the mix.
- Tailor the display to your preferences with customizable colors.
The Meter Bridge's resizeable and undocked Vectorscope provides useful display options for examining the stereo image of your mix.
- Lissajous and Polar modes provide multiple visualizations of stereo field activity and activity history.
- Stereo Balance meters illustrate the balance between Left and Right channels.
- Correlation meters indicate the degree of similarity between Left and Right channels.
- Quickly diagnose mono and/or phase compatibility issues.
The Meter Bridge also includes a completely resizeable (including full-screen) real-time spectrum analyzer.
- Variable zoom by both time and frequency.
- Mid/Side, Left/Right, Linear, octave band options and more.
- Completely independent settings from Ozone's EQ spectrum display.
- Spectrum True Fill shows an accurate overview of high frequency information.
Ozone 5 Advanced continues to extend Ozone's high-resolution stereo loudness metering.
- Options include K-System, BS.1770-2, True Peak, and RMS.
- BS.1770-2 metering is compliant with recommendations by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-R BS.1770-2) and the European Broadcasting Union (EBU R128) for determining subjective program loudness and true-peak signal level.