Native Instruments FM8 [VSTi / DXi / RTAS / UB | PC/MAC]
+ Native Instruments FM8 Video Tutorial
FM synthesis has played a huge role in music culture over the last few decades. The FM8 picks up where its award-winning predecessor, the FM7, left off taking FM synthesis even further. FM8's emphasis on ease-of-use brings a high degree of simplicity to the otherwise intricate process of FM synthesis. The powerful new audio engine delivers unsurpassed quality, generating a livelier, more energetic sound than ever before.
Synthesis From The Start
A central aspect of FM8 is usability. The "Easy Edit Page" offers a clearly designed interface with simple controls that adjust more complex parameters automatically, allowing you to take a far more musical approach to FM synthesis. The more detailed editing pages have been improved for easier handling and are all accessible with just one click. FM8 lets you play straight away!
Beyond Frequency Modulation
The FM8 offers an unprecedented range of features and effects. The classic metallic leads, crystalline chimes, tight basses and enchanting rhythmic sounds are just the beginning. A unique arpeggiator, a revolutionary sound morphing feature and a large selection of new, charismatic effects add countless sound-shaping possibilities. The sonic potential of FM8 goes well beyond the confines of conventional FM synthesis.
Instilled With Inspiration
Included with FM8 are over 960 ready-to-play factory presets. From clean, dynamic, percussive sounds to pads, leads, brass and piano sounds, the presets exemplify the strengths of FM synthesis. Also included are a number of effect rack, sound morphing and arpeggio presets. The integrated KoreSound® Browser makes managing the KORE-configured presets fast and easy. Simply search and you will find - instantly.
* Award-winning FM synthesizer with extended sound architecture and high-quality mode
* KoreSound™ Browser for easy searching of 960 KORE-configured presets (Incl. FM7 Sounds Vol I & II)
* FM8 uses the KoreSound™ format, ensuring perfect integration with KORE
* Optimized user interface for quick and convenient sound editing
* Powerful, graphical sound morphing feature for easy creation of sophisticated, evolving sounds
* Extremely versatile arpeggiator for intuitive generation of intricate patterns
* Quick-access effects rack with 12 high-quality effects, such as phaser, flanger, tube amp, overdrive, delays, EQs
* Enhanced graphical envelopes with 32 stages, looping and tempo synchronisation
* Full-matrix modulation: freely adjustable algorithm structure with 6 operators plus distortion and analog filter operators
* Reads and reproduces classic FM sound programs of yesteryear such as the DX and TX series